Home Forums General Discussion Forum Förster FB192 Elastor-Förster shock system Reply To: Förster FB192 Elastor-Förster shock system

gerene
Participant

Thank you David,

I did have the movement in a vice and did have the plastic wrap over the movement when I tried to install the spring. That is probably why the spring did not jump into outer space but stayed near the movement, I just did not find it the first time and it showed up again in my parts tray.

As far as replacing the spring goes, I did replace lots of Kif, Incabloc, Novodiac, Diashock etc, but this one is not that intuitive. I managed to do it, but still don’t know if this is the best way. As you can see on the picture in the original posting, there is a notch in the mounting and the spring has 2 tabs and a leg. Only the small leg passes through the notch. I placed the tabs in the middle of the holder, where the diameter is largest and managed to get them under the rim. Then pushed the spring so that the tabs were at the far end of the notch (still under the rim) and the leg can be slid into the notch. Then just turn the spring a bit so that it stays.
    pfwww almost as hard to describe as it is to do it. :)