Home Forums General Discussion Forum Repivot revisit OR how it turned out…Just so you know Reply To: Repivot revisit OR how it turned out…Just so you know

digitaltripper
Participant

@Arutha wrote:

Well done Jim,
    its nice to see a post like this showing how info from the forum can help :)
    I look forward to more like it in the future.
    One thing I would like to ask is why are you having such problems with magnetism? Any idea what could be causing it?
    Regards,
    Paul.

Yes this forum, and the folks associated with it, along with Bob’s courses, have been outstanding when it comes to clock and watch repair!! I don’t think you’ll find a better bunch online anywhere.

On the subject of my magnetism troubles, I have no idea. I had a magnet pickup tool near the bench stuck to a lamp (in case I dropped a part on the carpet) but I figured it was far enough away not to cause a problem. I have since moved it across the room, just to make sure it is not a problem.

As far as the big weights go, I still have not been able to demagnetize them. I am going to take them to an automotive machine shop that does magna-fluxing in the hope that they might, for a small fee, be able to use their demagnetizer on them. I’ll try to keep ya posted as to how it works out.

Jim