Home Forums General Discussion Forum Plug gages and comparative depth gages… Reply To: Plug gages and comparative depth gages…

tmac1956
Participant

@gerene wrote:

Maybe I completely misunderstood you and/or Daniels but the way I read Daniels he talks about making your own plug gauges either tapered or parallel.
    For tapered gauges he suggests marking them in convenient intervals after measuring with a micrometer, whilst for standard diameters he suggests parallel gauges turned down to the full diameter of the jewel and then to reduce one end to two smaller diameters.

I tried to find what you where looking at buying but could not find your supplier (lots of enco companies but none relevant).

Again if this is not what you where referring to then I apologize (only a beginner).

Jan

Jan:

ENCO has them in sets of differing diameters and you can puchase a holder for about $6.00. The entire thing is less than $45.00. The question I have is you can get them in minus sizes or plus sizes – I think they are talking about tolerancing but I’m not sure and needed to know before I bought the wrong thing. They have sizes small enough to work for watches.

Thanks!
    tmac