Home Forums General Discussion Forum Setting Time on a Grandfather Clock Reply To: Setting Time on a Grandfather Clock

willofiam

hey Calhouns, in the case of setting the time in reverse or back an hour just stop it until time catches up, then restart, I cant really say with the movement you have but they should not take too much effort to move the hands, I have experienced some clocks to be tighter than others when moving the hands and it depends on whether certain things are tight or not, over the years standard brands of American movement can slip too easily and an adjustment can be made. if you are able to get to a chime lifting lever then you can trip the lever thru the chime sequence, when you get to your hour just move the hour hand to the corresponding number. I am limited and think I need some coffee right now but there are certain ways to do what you are talking about that are easier but I am not sure which movements would go with which process. In my experience the beat will get louder when moving the minute hand. have fun, William