Home Forums Hints, Tips and Tricks Pivoting Attachment for Watchmakers Lathe Reply To: Pivoting Attachment for Watchmakers Lathe

bobpat
Participant

I have seen so many ways to polish pivots.. What everyones opinion on the best way to do this, ever seen this way?
    Carbide-impregnated-polishing-wheels-for-Clock-Repair-Pivot-Polishing.. Saw this on u-tube. some claim it works some claim its not good, . Just picked up a sherline and still learning how to use it.. Lots to learn. Been working on clocks for maybe 10 years, but never lathe work, I do a lot on a woodworkers lathe, but never metal.So you may see a lot of me on here :) . It’s an awesome site. And, I never worked on a watch, picked up my first pocket watch on the Bay a cheap one, doesn’t work but I think it just needs to be cleaned, I think I am going to like the watches.one more, whats the best material for pivots?. I been practicing on making them, I have harden steel rods that I’ve been turning but the cutter seems too low and not cutting too good, DULL?. Been practicing on brass and it came out great but the steel rods are not,, Sorry for the long post.I quess I was rambling on.. :?