Home Forums General Discussion Forum I’ve been given a new job,old career.HELP!! Reply To: I’ve been given a new job,old career.HELP!!

watchdogg
Participant

Thank you guys that replied to my new career post and because you wanted to know the out come of my meeting today I’m letting you know….
    Ok, I had 30 min’s to talk to my bosses (2). I told them I was new at this and that I have only done 4 pocket watches and 1 wrist watch. I told them I have alot more to learn and I wanted to take more classes. I said I was VERY interested in the opportunity and that I needed some time togather some parts, ( pratice) . I also asked if they would be ok if I took apart some of my pocket watches when things where slow at work. I let them know I was not sure how to work the ultrasonic watch cleaner they had in the shop. These folks where good with all that and said they would be patience with me..
    I would love to find a watch maker that would spend some time with me,that would answer questions that I’m sure will come up,but so far every watch person I have met was not willing to share his experiance with me. Looks like I’m on my own here..But still, I just can’t turn this down.
    If any of you have any suggesttion for me on how to be friends with someone I can run to now and then,please let me know.Thank you guys for your interest in my new job,old career
    Phil