Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hermle 451 Reply To: Hermle 451

Bob Tascione

Hi Don,
    I was under the impression that all newer Hermle 451 movements had the auto beat function but I may very well be wrong.
    You can tell if it’s an auto beat by looking at the escape wheel. They are different looking than the usual wheel. I’ve included a pic. of one used with auto beat. If your movement does have auto beat it’s very important not to clean it in your clock cleaning solution and never oil it as the clutching tension is set to the exact amount necessary for the it to function properly.

I’ve hunted around and haven’t been able to find any info on building up the chime or strike. If I had a movement with me down here in Mexico I would take a series of assembly pics. for you. I will be going up to the U.S. in just a few days and will grab an old movement to bring back down here and will definitely do a series of assembly photos to throw up on the course. You’ll probably have it all figured out by then but I still want to do it as it may be helpful to others in the future.

I’ve included a photo of the front of the movement just to give you an idea of where the levers go etc. Not sure if it will be of any help but…just in case. If you’re using windows you can zoom in by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking the + key. You can zoom back out by Ctrl and – key.

Maybe someone up here has a schematic or access to some pics that can help you.

Bob
    Hermle-451-050.jpg
    Hermle-auto-beat.jpg