Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hello Bob & everyone else here, new member Reply To: Hello Bob & everyone else here, new member

Bob Tascione

Thank you too Doug!
    I think you’re going to have a ton of fun with your lathe. It’s amazing how much can be done on a small lathe. These machines are so versitile once you get the hang of them. Making a few tools is a great way to get to know your lathe and once you’ve constructed a few you’ll begin to see how easy it is to design and build more tools as needed. An example of this would be a thread that pkamargo started a while back. He figured out his own very clever way to make a contrate wheel for a carriage clock he had in for repair. You can see his thread at http://www.clockrepairtips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72 Being creative and having fun is what it’s all about!
    I got a great deal of info from your Shellac 101 compilation. Very interesting. A must read for anyone wanting to restore old clock cases. I haven’t read the Glue 101 yet but will tonight.
    You know you hit on a very important topic. Tiny Arkansas stones! You just can’t have too many different shapes and sizes if you’re doing lathe work. To anyone with a lathe reading this buy up as many as possible. You’ll use them.

Keep having fun Doug and thanks again,
    Bob