Thanks for the tip. I ordered the wire from TimeSavers. They responded that the item was back-ordered. So still waiting.
Right now, I have removed the old wire and trying to get the movement to function. Am having difficulty. To make a long story short, I went from completely assembled to only having the time side and movement works. So only half the ‘innards’ are in place. The problem is that there doesn’t seem to be a way to get the wheels to turn in the correct direction. The escape wheel will turn OK backwards but not forward. Seems to be locked up. Yesterday aft. I removed the mainspring and now just have the time and movement wheels in place, without the verge. I can move the wheels now although if I apply pressure to T1, there is quite a lot of force required to get action. Less force is required with T2 – which makes sense.
I thought maybe I had the mainspring on backwards but pre-disassembly pictures plus similar pictures indicate I have the assembly correct. Today, I am going to grease the mainspring. See if that might be the problem.