Home Forums General Discussion Forum Boxwood Reply To: Boxwood

samspade
Participant

Hi all. Just to rekindle this post as a bit of help to those like myself who have been looking for some boxwood sawdust in the UK. If Bob says ok I’ll repost the names but until then you will have to email me.

Been looking for a while and although I did find one material house that stocked BW sawdust but they don’t sell to Jo public. So I off I went again and came across another material house called ????. They don’t have boxwood but…..they do have…’Grit-O-Kobs 😮

‘An excellent alternative to sawdust. A clean absorbent drying media.’ so thye say and I kid you not :)

I bought 1k for £ 2.93 or $4.57 which seems okay though no idea how it will fair compared to the real Macoy? Will post my thoughts when I dunk my first hairspring in it though the company ??????’ were a real pleasure to buy from and even sent me an email informing me of a slight refund due to their system jumping the gun as to the rise in VAT. Nice one!

And another good bit of new is that I managed (at last) to get hold of a copy of The Joseph Bulova School of Watchmaking – Training Manual. £48.00 $75.00. from ??????? So all in all a good day……….even if the mother inlaw is coming to dinner 😥

Keep on ticking folks!

Scott.